• Customers using solvents such as stabilization resins (MinWax™, Gator Venom™ etc.), alcohol and other polar solvents must use the vacuum pumps in conjunction with a cold trap for evacuations in excess of 5 minutes. (Excludes Cactus Juice™)
• If the consumer is using the pump for prolonged periods of time exceeding 5 minutes we require that a cold trap is used or the pump warranty is void.
• These stabilization resins have the ability to break down the internal components of the pump that are plastic resulting in a seized motor voiding all warranties.
• When evacuation exceeds 5 minutes these solvents begin to vaporize and then re-condense in the vacuum pump reservoir. Once enough solvent re-condenses in the pump displacing the oil the plastic internal components may begin to warp, melt or seize. The use of a cold trap will condense the vapors prior to making their way to the vacuum pump preventing pump damage due to excessive use. Furthermore, Minwax Wood Hardener™ is not to be used with any vacuum pumps, EVER. (A seized motor will result within the first use.)
• To prevent these issues from happening to your process, change the Oil after each vacuum pump use, Even if the use time is only 5min.
• The Best Value Vacs Brand vacuum pump is a 9 CFM, Two stage unit 1 HP motor.
Motor Size (HP) RPM @ 60Hz: 1 (HP)1740/1440
Dimensions (Inches): 12" x 10" x 4"
Weight: 14.0 lb / 6.3 kg
Operating Temperature Range: 0?C (32?F) to 32?C (90?F)
Power Source: 110-120V / 220V 50/60Hz (International Orders only get dual voltage pumps)
Ultimate Vacuum: as low as 25 Microns (5 Pascals)
Oil Capacity: 16 oz / 500 ml
Construction: Heavy Gauge Aluminum Chasis
Overload Protection: Motor Thermally Protected
Control System: ON-OFF power switch
Free Air Displacement: 9 CFM @ 60Hz
Intake Fittings: 3/8" SAE with Check Valve
Power Consumption: 180 watts